Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Love Yourself

For quiet a long time.... I hate this quote: "If You Think You Can, You Can!" I hated it so much because it was from Alex Man (万梓良) in one of his TVB dramas. I will get very pissed off watching any dramas casting by Alex Man.
I don't like to THINK what I can do... If I am capable to do certain things, I would be confident to achieve it. In most cases, I hate people questioning me : "Can you --- --- ?" To me, it's not the matter of I CAN or I CANNOT, it's more about I WANT TO or I DO NOT WANT TO. I am responsible for my own decision, so I make my own choice. If things are beyond my capability, I don't even need to think "CAN I?". If I would ask myself "CAN I?" -- that implies I'm dreaming of something.... I'm hoping something to happen on me.... that's beyond my control. This is PASSIVE. I prefer things within my control. I make it happen if I want, or, perhaps I will kill the idea because I do not want it happen. You may see me a self-centered person, but hey~ what's wrong with that?! I look for what I want, I do what I want, and I go hunt for what I want to make myself happy. BOTTOMLINE: whatever I'm going to do, I am not bringing bad impact to others.
you know, I accept you as a special individual and so do I respect you for your own choices.
you want to be a smoker, go ahead, it's your own health, but make sure you don't spoilt my good health.
you like to go for dog-adoption, that doesn't mean I cannot get my pure-bred dog. Ain't you going to have birth-control surgery so you could adopt kids?
I accept you to be who you are, but please, don't expect me to go the same path as you. we can still heading to the same destiny with a divider in between.
I accept you to be a gay or lesbian, but don't ask me to hate those who are not. Friends ain't deviate by genders; neither Loves.
I accept you to be a naive person, because you love others more than yourself. So please forgive me if you think I am too realistic because I love myself more than I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment