Monday, February 28, 2011

Am I Resilience Enough?

Am I Resilience Enough? Here I googled it.....
This is the definition/explanation of it: Psychological Resilience--

"Resilience" in psychology is the positive capacity of people to cope with stress and adversity. This coping may result in the individual “bouncing back” to a previous state of normal functioning, or using the experience of exposure to adversity to produce a “steeling effect” and function better than expected (much like an inoculation gives one the capacity to cope well with future exposure to disease).[1] Resilience is most commonly understood as a process, and not a trait of an individual.[2]
Resilience is defined as a dynamic process that individuals exhibit positive behavioral adaptation when they encounter significant adversity, trauma,[15] tragedy, threats, or even significant sources of stress[16]. It is different from strengths or developmental assets which are a characteristic of an entire population, regardless of the level of adversity they face.

I am no psychologist, I do not know how to interpret my dreams my actions my mind. But 小木子said, Resilience best describe me. I am glad to hear new description other than "good" and "brave" and "strong".
Today is the 1st time for Ironman went tru the process all by himself. I must recommend you to get this CD - A Whole Brain InnerTalk Program by Dr. Eldon Taylor, you can find this from any Popular Bookstore in town, they are selling it for RM139.90. Amazing CD!! and You have to play it over the nite, at least throughout the Zzzz hours to see the effect. If you don't know which one I'm recommending, go google it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment